Sunday 10 February 2013

Ran out of time( updated post)

  Collage Obsession post update,                                                                                                                                                              This weeks Collage obsession challenge is 'Time'. Rather than go down the route of clocks and timepieces I decided to concentrate on how time changes things, Age and decay if you like.... Things often become more beautiful with the passing of time.This is a mixed media collage of the ruins of St Mary's Abbey, York, North Yorkshire.                                                                                                                                                                  


                                                                                                                                                                   I took some photos last summer when visiting my Daughter who lives in York and the collage is based them. The ruins can be found in the museum gardens in the centre of the city. I love the way the greenery pushes through the stonework.The ruins of St Mary's Abbey, first built in 1088, are all that remains of one of the wealthiest and most powerful Benedictine monasteries in England. It is a beautiful place...


I loved the contrast between the greenery and the old stonework.



I did a bit of messing around with the image.. Im not very good at this sort of thing but I wanted to play around with contrasts.

As an update I tried to link it up to the obsession site but the link didn't work, then it shut so I missed the boat....

looks like time got the better of me. :)

2 comments:

  1. Managed to find the post at last. I like the collage you did, very free. Pity you missed the boat, but the value of the challenge is 'the challenge' of doing something you would not normally do.
    These old abbeys are wonderful, and as you say the green and stone meld together so well. I like the digitally altered one - do you use Photoshop or another program?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jez, I agree, the challenge is making me experiment in areas I would not naturally go..and it gets the grey matter working :) It's not photoshop, I took the photos last summer on my old phone, It was a Nokia and It had a programme for messing about with the images, I has altered it then and stored it away on the computer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to hear from you.