Sunday 22 September 2013

29 faces Day 22

over the rainbow ( Acrylic paint, torn paper collage )
I haven't had time to do anything fresh today as I have been away for the weekend, and after 20 days of making a new little face really needed a break! So am posting a detail of a work I made last year called over the rainbow. The rainbow term refers to the row of little pastel houses by the harbourfront in Portree. The village is the largest on the Island, although pretty small by most peoples standards!

Portree harbour

A rainbow of colour on the pier!!
The pier also is home to a fabuous fish and chip shop... mmm I feel hungry hinking about it!!

Linking to 29 faces

5 comments:

  1. I remember this wonderful painting, and it was one of my favourites. The pressure really is growing - especially if we want a bit of 'life' as well - and I agree that it is difficult to keep up, and to find time to comment. It is a good idea to focus in on the face for this entry to the challenge - she is lovely. Keep well and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful painting. I am very glad to see this. I love the colors, water, birds, montain, village and the lady, of course. As You see, I love this painting.
    Have a nice new week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has brought back memories of my visit to Portree a few years ago. I love the colours in this collage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous painting. I love those little pastel houses.
    xx Monique

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a beautiful composition. Stunning piece. Sometimes it is good to have a break...but you have been doing so well with faces challenge. Well done!!! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to hear from you.