Saturday 26 September 2015

Updates on my workshops!

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was teaching a series of  evening workshops in Lancashire at 'Drift gallery' in St Annes-on-sea
. Well although I said I was going to wait till the end of the workshops to reveal what the very talented students had created, I really couldn't wait till the final session as already their canvas landscapes are looking beautiful!!!


The first week we concentrated on laying down torn paper layers.


Using photographs as inspiration.


One inventive lady brought her I-pad and a whole selection of beautiful images, in the end she chose this tree.


Week two we began to add black and white gesso, this is the way I work and I explained my methods but really wanted my students to experiment and have fun with the various mediums using their own style.






Week three, the penultimate week and we are adding acrylic paint over the paper layers.



I use babywipes to apply paint as well as brushes, it stops fiddling with paint. Many people are afraid of paint and tend to get too 'tight' when just given brushes.


I  love the mauve hazy tones in the distant hills.


This one is a beautiful sand dune seascape!


I like the trees in this one which are beginning to emerge on the shoreline, drawing the eye into the picture.


The oak tree is slowly growing...

I am having such fun, I am so fortunate to have such a lovely and talented group of students. Next week is the final ' embellishing' class where we add a bit if bling to our pieces so I will post the finished pieces next weekend!




8 comments:

  1. Your students really are producing some stunning pieces of work, and I'm sure they are enjoying themselves immensely, it shows in what they are producing! Looking forward to seeing them finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous...so glad you posted these in progress....and even though you are teaching your technique...they are so far removed from your style....LOVE that!! All gorgeous and I am looking forward to seeing them in completion...especially that tree!! Love seeing all the wonderful styles these talented artists have!! Inspirational!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. great wip's! looking forward to seeing the end results x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow how great, they all look so beautiful, how lucky to have such a great teacher too, such inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic work. I love the bright colors. Congratulations on your workshops!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would just love to sit in that class! They're making amazing things, looks like you're a great teacher :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love it so much to see the diffrent students artwork. One day I also want to take a class with you. I've never tried this kind of artwork before and I would love to try it! Do you also teach this next year somewhere at a nice place? Maybe I can combine it with a holiday trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. not sure how I missed this post last week but it looks like your workshop was a lot of fun - it would be really interesting to learn your methods of collage and mixed media and the results look great so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to hear from you.